How to Upload Your Images
Step 1: Select Your Animal from our collection of teddy bears and plush animals.
Step 2: Select Your Sentiment or Occasion.
Step 3: Select the design displaying a camera.
Step 4: Add your personalized text, if required.
Step 5: Click on the Choose Graphic tab.
Step 6: Select the Upload My Image brown icon.
Step 7: Locate your digital image on your PC or online.
Step 8: Select your image in the My Images section.
Step 9: Personalized animal is displayed with supplied image.
800Bear.com accepts images with the following extensions: JPG and GIF.
We recommend using JPG formats. (GIF images will not reproduce as well as other formats because of color compression.)
For the best results, your photograph should contain these five requirements.
- Subject Matter. The main subject of your photo should occupy a minimum of 50-80% of the entire photograph (i.e. a closeup of a face).
- Picture Quality. The quality of the photo (i.e. clarity, brightness, spottiness) will affect the final product. If your photo is blurry, the end product will be blurry, (and cannot be returned). If there are white flash spots on the faces in your image, the white spots will appear even brighter in your end product.
- Contrast. The main subject of your photo should be noticeably different in color/contrast from the background within the photo (i.e. it is difficult to see a black cat sitting on a black sofa in a dark room).
- No Fancy Stuff. Do not use photographs which have professionally printed borders, fading, snow effects or even vignetted borders. Use the original image.
- Copyright. Submitted photos must be your own private property otherwise copyrights must be obtained with legal permission from the owner.
* The upload time will depend on the file size and your internet connection speed. Please be patient when uploading a large image.
* Please use the best-quality image possible. See the chart below for recommended file sizes for the product you are ordering. If your image is below the minimum resolution requirements, you will need to provide a higher resolution image to complete your order. The 800Bear.com system allows for images which meet appropriate quality values.
* When scanning in photographs, please use a resolution of 300 dpi or higher. When taking digital images, set your camera at the highest possible resolution. You can always reduce the resolution later. Low-resolution images cannot be increased without loss of image quality.
* Your image will be reproduced as it appears. 800Bear.com will not color correct, retouch or otherwise crop your image.
||Print Size (approx)
||Good Resolution (min)
||Better Resolution (min)
||Best Resolution (min)|
||1 x 1
||300 x 300
||500 x 500
||700 x 700|
||3 x 3
||500 x 500
||800 x 800
||1000 x 1000|
||6 x 6
||800 x 800
||1000 x 1000
||1200 x 1200|
||9 x 9
||1200 x 1600
||1700 x 2100
||2100 x 2800|